Jun 21, 2019
JJ Virgin, celebrity nutrition and fitness
expert, joins us on today’s episode to help us uncover the hidden
factors that are causing weight gain. Many people who are
struggling to lose weight may not realize that food sensitivities
and intolerances can be drastically impacting their health. If you
find that you’re struggling to lose weight and the “calories in,
calories out” method just isn’t working, you should take potential
food intolerances into account by taking a food sensitivity
- There is a surplus of weight loss information available online,
which can be incredibly overwhelming to those who are trying to
start a weight loss journey.
- The calories in, calories out method is a myth that can damage
your metabolism and mindset when trying to lose weight.
- One hidden cause of weight gain is food intolerance and
sensitivities. These intolerances cause inflammation which affect
insulin resistance, then leading your body to stop burning stored
- A few common foods that patients are intolerant of include
dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, peanuts, sugar, and
- One way to identify that you have a food intolerance can be
found in delayed responses. A few of these indicators include
feeling fatigued, getting breakouts, feeling bloated, etc.
- If you perform a food sensitivity test and find that you’re
sensitive to multiple foods, you should seek out a functional
medicine doctor and focus on healing your gut and detoxifying your
- A list of popular alternatives for those with food
sensitivities to gluten, eggs, dairy, soy, etc.
Find more from JJ Virgin
For daily fitness, nutrition and life
inspiration, as well as glimpses into my daily life, follow me
on Instagram and Facebook!
Facebook: Coffee &
If you love everything you have learned from my podcast and you
feel ready to take your health, fitness and happiness to the next